Lamination is an important factor in many sealing applications. Adhesive-backed seals can provide dimensional stability and proper positioning of seals, as well as quicker product assembly. They are also useful in maintaining product integrity during shipping.
Web Seal incorporates high quality adhesives with precision-cut gasketing materials. We offer a variety of laminating materials and services, including:
- Application of acrylic-based or rubber-based pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSAs) to materials
- Dual lamination where pressure-sensitive adhesives are added to both sides of the material, with one side typically used as a release liner
- Bonding multiple materials together, including composite and fiber-reinforced gasketing materials
- Lamination of fire-retardant adhesives to non-flammable gasketing material
- Priming materials prior to lamination, as necessary
- Kiss cuts
Web Seal can also provide slitting services. A roll of material on a standard 3” diameter core is loaded onto a stationary arm, with the material being fed through a series of blades to cut desired widths that are wound onto individual reels. Web Seal can also accommodate materials with stepped-up core sizes.
Thickness is an important consideration in slitting, depending on the type of material and its density. Web Seal offers quality slitting expertise for a variety of thicknesses of elastomers, cork, fiber, felt, foam, open and closed cell sponge,and plastics, among other materials.