July 20th, 2016 by WebSeal Inc
Parker’s ProTech™ bearing isolator seals feature a unique labyrinth design that provides unmatched two-way sealing for both zero lubricant leakage and total exclusion of contaminants.
Its advanced proprietary PTFE compounds make ProTech well-suited for caustic, high-speed, and high-temperature environments. These highly chemical-resistant seals perform well in high-speed and high-temperature environments. For example, ProTech is well suited for caustic environments such as citric acids in juice processing and strong sulfides in pulp and paper processing.
This bearing isolator is a unitized, two-piece non-contact design that offers extended bearing life. It is this characteristic labyrinth technology that provides contaminant exclusion instead of an internal O-ring protection.
ProTech™ bearing isolator seals offer an answer for applications where improving the mean time between failure (MTBF) is critical. The ProTech family relies on true non-contact labyrinth seal technology to provide 100% exclusion of contaminants and 100% retention of bearing lubrication for the life of the bearing.
The superior quality and high performance of ProTec™ seals make it the ultimate in bearing protection. Parker, the innovation leader in bearing isolator technology, has designed this unique sealing component to deliver maximum protection for a multitude of applications.
Web Seal can provide ProTech seals in many standard and custom designs, with support to ensure that the proper isolator for your equipment and application is recommended. Expedited delivery is available.
Characteristics of ProTec Bearing Isolator Seals
- Unmatched corrosion resistance
- Allows for standardizing a single material in your plant
- Extends bearing life as the unique technology eliminates wear associated with internal O-rings, PTFE elements, or other locking rings
- Zero lubricant leakage
- Total exclusion of contaminants, including dirt exclusion and oil retention
- Multiple design availability, with more than a dozen standard and several custom configurations, allows for ease of retrofitting most equipment
- The Millennium® metallic-style profile is available in bronze, 302 SS, 304 SS, 316 SS, and carbon steel
- The ProTech 360 is designed for flooded oil and oil mist applications
- Independently tested to IEEE IP55, IP56, and IP66
- ProTech WD design for the food processing area meets IP69k
- Exceeds IEEE-841 for electric motors
- ProTech 360 design (flooded), for tough gearbox applications including vertical down
- Typical size range is for shaft diameters from 0.492″ (12.5 mm) to 38″ (965 mm)
Comments are closed.