We are a privately held corporation located in upstate New York, halfway between two of the state's major attractions -- Niagara Falls at the Canadian border and the wine country of the Finger Lakes. Our facilities in downtown Rochester are located just off major expressways, and we serve customers around the world.
Founded by Donald L. Hurley after he decided not to relocate his large and growing family when his then-employer moved out of state, Web Seal has been a family business that has lived out Don’s values of integrity, flexibility, compassion, innovation and competence. Managed today by second generation owner, John F. Hurley, the company continues to honor those values.
Web Seal has decades-long relationships with industry leaders, allowing us to provide leading-edge industry solutions, expertise and support from design through installation.
Our employees have a long tenure in the industry and we are proud of our decades-long relationships with many of our top customers.
An ISO 9001company, Web Seal has been helping customers in a wide range of industries and businesses since 1960. We have been providing sealing solutions that are smoothly and effectively integrated into their products, and we are proud to have been part of their success over the years.
Throughout our six decades in business, these are the values that have distinguished Web Seal in working with our employees, our customers and our vendors:
Web Seal has also been part of the dramatic changes in manufacturing, materials science, communications, logistics, the work place, and the global economy during these decades of incredible transformation. Since 1960, choices for industrial materials have exploded, manufacturing continues to make science fiction a reality with advances in areas such as nanotechnology and robotics, and how we communicate today would have been inconceivable just a short span of time ago.
Through it all, Web Seal has embraced the challenges presented on a daily basis, with a sincere concern for our customers, our vendors and our employees.
Despite -- and often because of -- the changes all around us, we’ve found that building relationships and treating people well are values that never go out of fashion. Long before it became a business catchphrase, Web Seal was known for its outstanding customer service.
In addition to myriad standard industrial applications, we’re proud to have had the opportunity to be a part of some unique experiences, including:
- Creating parts for commemorative Steuben glass sculptures for participants in a G7 global summit
- Helping the George Eastman House preserve 19th century daguerreotypes, the first commercially successful photographic process in the history of photography
- Providing seals for night vision optics used by the US military in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Assisting development engineers in producing first-generation fuel cell technologies
- Contributing components for a winning experimental vehicle built by Rochester Institute of Technology students for an engineering competition
- Die-cutting memorial markers annually for a historic local cemetery
- Recycling scrap materials to educational and child care facilities for creative arts projects
- Working with renowned artists, jewelry makers, and other artisans in sourcing materials and understanding industrial fabrication processes